by Green Deal loans in:
The grant scheme advertised on this web site has now ended. A new scheme has started recently, details of which can be found on our main Free Insulation site: Click here to to find out more.
100% FREE Insulation GrantsFull Insulation Grants can be claimed by private householders aged 70 or above, or in receipt of certain benefits, tax credits or allowances. There is no catch; the funding is part of the Government's Carbon Emissions Reduction Target (CERT). The six major utility companies have an obligation to reduce carbon emissions from domestic properties and Insulation is one of the best ways to achieve substantial reductions in carbon dioxide.
40% to 70% Insulation GrantsInsulation Grants are available for all other homeowners and private tenants, that can cover up to 70% of the cost of having Insulation professionally installed. The level of Grant funding depends on the type of property, how it is heated, the number of bedrooms, the size/area to be insulated and whether there is any existing Insulation in the loft. The Grants are not means tested so it does not matter if you are working or if you have any savings. You will typically receive a Grant of around 50%, but it can be higher.
- Aged 70 and above.
OR in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- Income Support
- Council Tax Benefit (1)
- Disability Living Allowance
- Disabled Persons Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Child Tax Credit (2)
- Working Tax Credit (2)
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-Related Employment Support
- War Disablement Pension (3)
- Pension Credit (4)
(1) Single person's discount and student exemption do not qualify.
(2) Gross combined household income must be under £16,040, excl. benefits.
(3) Must include Mobility Supplement or Constant Attendance Allowance.
(4) State Pension only does not qualify. It must be a top up.
- You must own your own home or rent from a PRIVATE landlord
- If renting privately, you must have your landlord's permission
- You must be living at the property at the time of survey/installation
- The property must be a private, domestic UK dwelling
- The Insulation must not be for a new build project
- Loft & Cavity Wall Insulation must be fitted by approved Installers
- Lofts must have under 4" of existing Insulation