The grant scheme advertised on this web site has now ended. A new scheme has started recently, details of which can be found on our main Free Insulation site: Click here to find out more.
OVER 70s 100% FREE INSULATION
Professionally Fitted Home Insulation With A 100% FREE GrantIf you are aged 70 or above you are entitled to FREE Home Insulation. There is absolutely no catch. You can have a warmer home without having to pay any money.
You will qualify for a 100% Free Insulation Grant, the funding for this comes from the Government's Carbon Emissions Reduction Target (CERT). The six major utility companies have an obligation to reduce carbon emissions from domestic properties and Insulation is one of the best ways to achieve substantial reductions in carbon dioxide.
HOME INSULATION GRANT CRITERIA FOR THE OVER 70s
- Your place of residence must either be owned by you or rented from a private landlord
- Your property must be a private home
- If in rented accommodation, you must have the landlordís permission before the survey can take place
- At the point of both the survey and Insulation you must be living in the property in question
- Only properties built between 1924 to 1982 (new builds are not eligible) qualify for Cavity Wall
- Cavity Wall and Loft Insulation must be fitted by an approved Installer to receive the Insulation Grant
- With Loft Insulation, your loft must have no more than 3inches of Insulation already present
- Extra charges may also apply to large properties. If scaffolding or other special access equipment are required, this will also be chargeable.